Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My friend Connie

It is so good to connect with friends after years. Connie and I have been friends for 30 years. Last time I saw her was almost 3 years ago. She drove over to camp today and will be spending the next few days with me. I called her on the way and had her pick up two dwarf lop eared bunnies in Fredericksburg. We bought them for the junior zookeepers class. They are precious. Tonight was Time Machine night and everyone was dressed in costumes from times past. We did some hair braiding with feathers and ribbons for the girls. We watched them play disco freeze, where they dance and then freeze when the music stops. They had cave men games, folk music, pie eating contest, etc. It was fun.
We went for a walk to the barn and put Indira up for the night. I wanted to show Connie the two deer that hang out around the horses every evening The evenings are so pleasant here. It is my favorite time of the day. It is a great feeling to enjoy God's beauty with a friend that appreciates the Texas hill country as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment