Wednesday, June 8, 2011


Yeesss! I am the proud Mom of a son on the Dean's List. Bebo has been so consistent and steadfast in his studies and it has paid off. It is a character quality that will reap big rewards in his life.

I had a wonderful day with Ryan, Blake and Crystal. We started out the day with a trip to Redstone College where Ryan gave us a tour. I met some of his teachers and people he has worked with. I got to see all the equipment he has built for the college. Then we made a trip to the Boulder Running Store. We ran on a treadmill and they had a camera that films the way your feet land and then they can evaluate the film in slow motion to see what shoe is best for you. I got a new pair of Mizuno running shoes. If I run 20 miles a week they should last 4 months.

Next on the list was a trip to Sweet Bird Studios in Boulder. I had seen the belt buckles this lady makes at the World Equestrian Games. They are unique works of art. As part of my new life I have designed one with my horse Indira's picture, a cross, bright colored tin and stones. I just have to come up with my statement. I am thinking "Live Simply with Purpose" and I will have that stamped on the buckle. I was glad I got to meet some of the people that work there and see the studio in person. I would love to sell some of her stuff at art fairs in Texas.

Ryan, Crystal and I all had a massage this afternoon. I have been so tight in my neck and shoulders that it hurt. I need to get the knots worked out and it will take more than one massage. Driving to Texas for two days will not help. I will need to try and schedule another one when I get a chance.

We picked up Blake downtown and had dinner at BD's Mongolian Grill. I love eating there because you pick your own meat and veggies, they grill it and add the sauce you pick. Yummy. I was starving and had only eaten a small 50 cent bag of peanuts all day. I love downtown Denver. It has an old feel to it with an artsy look and the weather was perfect.

Blake and I walked from his house to downtown Golden. We got frozen yogurt and took pictures. They were kayaking on the Clear Creek. We went to the Coors Recreation Center and sat in the hot tub and sauna. I think I am going to sleep well tonight. It has been a day filled with lots of good things and I feel like I am on vacation. So glad I got to do this before I start my new job and make the drive to Texas. Tomorrow is Ryan's graduation and the day to celebrate his accomplishment. Looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment