Tuesday, June 21, 2011

HERO NIGHT!

Everyone loves to dress up. I didn't have a costume this year but I will next year. I've got plenty of time to think of who I want to be.

I love that I feel so detached from the rest of the world out here. There is no cell service. No TV. No newspapers. I still have internet but to be honest I just don't look at what is happening in the world. It is like being on vacation. It is like stepping back in time (only with air conditioning and computers and phones). The focus is on your present day and what you need to do. Living in the moment.

So my hero isn't a TV personality or a movie star. I'm not sure who I would pick that is presently living. There are so many people that I know and I look up to for their character and integrity. It makes me think of the qualities that I want to strive for. To have loved and made someone feel loved is the greatest legacy of all. Don't know what kind of costume I can come up with for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment