Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wild West Night


Howdy Yall, it was Wild West Night at Camp Lonehollow. Jennifer is the office manager and Kitty teaches scuba diving. They are two of the fun people I work with and we sit together at meal time. I am going to have to start jogging up that mountain because the food is too good. Tonight our vittles were fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, salad, and carrot cake. Blas is the chef and he does a wonderful job.
I feel like I got a little more accomplished today in the bookkeeping area. I had a meeting with Jeff, the construction and deer operation manager. It was fascinating to learn about the deer breeding business. The camp will have some huge bucks to hunt in the coming years. I am excited to be a part of it now as it begins to grow. They have a buck named Gladiator that is one of the top producing bucks for breeding. I will get a picture and put it up on the blog in the next few days so you can see the kind of horns these deer have.
I spent a little time with my filly, Indira, this evening just letting her graze and relax away from the herd of horses she lives with. I haven't had time to ride but I am going to try to get an hour in tomorrow. It doesn't feel like work, it feels more like a lifestyle here, I stay busy from morning til evening and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment