Monday, June 13, 2011

First Day

Today was my first day at Lonehollow. It began with a walk up the hill toward the entrance (it is 2 miles from the main gate to the headquarters). As I turned around the sun was rising over the mountains and I could see for miles over the beautiful Texas hill country. It is truly God's country. I am blessed to greet each day with this beauty. I wasn't the only one up and outside at that hour of the morning. I passed Meg, the owner of the camp out jogging as well as several of the girl guides. This camp has an amazing group of people on staff and they invest in these kids with a servant's heart. What a great world it would be if we were all investing in others like that.
I had the honor of being one of the judges for the talent show tonight. I couldn't stop smiling. These kids will make you laugh and want to sing along with them. The photo is a picture of the moon from where I was sitting. The amphitheater overlooks the lake and it is a beautiful setting.
I can't wait for another day to begin.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I am so happy for you to have found this place.

    ReplyDelete