Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sorry no picture to post tonight. I just got back to camp after a few days off. It was good to spend time with my friends, Connie and Karl, at their place in Wimberly. I got to see Elliott, their son after many many years. We toured Wimberly and I can't wait to go back. I am going to take an art class on August 20th in San Marcos so I will be close by.
I spent the 4th of July in Marble Falls with Mom and cousins. I loved watching the fireworks. They were the best I have ever seen in my life. I sat with Brooke, Trevor and Skylar, three of the sweetest kids you'll ever meet. We ooooohhhed and aaaaaahhhed as the sky lit up with color.
Today I had breakfast at the Bluebonnet Cafe with Mom, Aunt Pat and Uncle Jim. Good ole grits and egg and biscuits. It is just wonderful to be with family again and to be in Texas. I drove to Fredericksburg (my favorite place on earth) and had a great visit with cousin Sherry.
Now I am closing my day at Camp Lonehollow. The leadership staff had a "value session" sitting outside this evening. We asked each other to answer 5 questions....

1.What do you like most about yourself? (Creativity and sense of Adventure)
2. What do you like least about yourself? (lack of discipline)
3. What are you committed to? (My faith and trusting God)
4. Where are you going in your life journey? (to grow and challenge myself-not get comfortable)
5. What is a quirky fact about you? (I've been hit by a car while on a bike 3 times)

Something to think about. I choked up when I shared what I am committed to. God has been so faithful in loving me and I showing me that through circumstances and friendships. I am learning to trust him so much more now than ever before in my life. After sharing that Kayla invited me to come to the counselor's bible study on Tues and Thurs. mornings. I am so excited to see what that is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment