Wednesday, July 13, 2011


Oh the stars at night are big and bright deep in the heart of Texas! So is the moon tonight. I sat in the amphitheater and listened while Stephen and the band played Lenny Kravitz to an audience of one - me. I was lying back looking at the stars and just being filled with the joy of being in this place at this moment. The majestic splendor of seeing the moon over the mountains in a clear night sky. The soft warm breeze on my skin. The music in my ears. It filled my senses and I just had to say Thank you God.
Today was a good day. I did my office work this morning then I spent the early afternoon riding one of the new horses to try him out for the camp. This evening we had crew outpost on the side of a mountain as the sun was setting. I was giving a little girl a ride up the mountain in one of the mules and picked up her friends to ride with her. It was Lance Armstrong's twin girls. They asked me if I was Ms. Manners and just talked and talked and talked. It is funny to think years ago I saw them in France stand on the podium with Lance when he won the Tour de France and now I have them sitting beside me in Texas. This world really is small.
I love today's quote from the happiness project, it says..."So I learned to accept myself and aim beyond myself" - Stephen Spender.
When I look up at the heavens I am reminded that there is so much more to this world than what I see and that truth can really only come from God and what he has given us to understand him, the holy spirit and the bible. That is my goal to aim beyond myself and seek Him and his truth.

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me. Now I'm going outside to look at the moon before I go to bed. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete