Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A thankful heart brings back many blessings


It is good to be home and in my own bed tonight. It has been busy this week. I am driving to Houston to work at a competitive trail ride this weekend. That is something I did 25 years ago when Ryan and Blake were little. We would camp in a tent and I would ride the two days. I have good memories of those days. Now it is time to go back and enjoy it again. I will be helping the judge this weekend so I will learn what they are looking for. I hope to compete with Indira in the fall. I don't have my fancy trailer with air conditioning and will miss that but I am trying to figure out how to make it somewhat comfortable by the fall. I may get a slide in camper for my truck. For this weekend I'll take a sleeping bag and will fold down my seats and sleep in my Prius. I have a little bit of pioneer woman in me and love the adventure.

We have a "horsey" couple coming out to the camp Thursday afternoon to look at our facilities for doing a Parelli horse clinic here. That would be wonderful if it works out. I live out in the middle of nowhere and horse people are coming to me! I am just so thankful for this time in my life and where I am blessed to live. Part of my job is to buy horses for the camp. I sold 4 Friday that weren't kid horses and I have bought a total of 9 in the past 2 weeks. I probably need to get 15 more. I am going to look at one in Marble Falls that was a prison horse. They are wonderful because they were ridden everyday and have been desensitized to spooking. I bought one last week and you can identify them because they all have a star branded on their left shoulder.

It has been drizzling rain the last two days. I did walk 4 miles to the gate and back in the rain. It felt good, the temperature was just right. I am enjoying the hill country and the birth of spring. Some of the mountain laurel is starting to bloom and the hint of sweet grape is in the air. Tonight I was out working around the horses in the barn and heard a whiporwhil (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). I love the peaceful sound that they make at dusk. I am thankful for all the sights, smells, sounds that God has given me as little gifts in my day. I pray that I don't get to distracted to notice His daily gifts. I have been reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. She tells us how important being thankful is to God. When we cease to give him the glory we loose our way in this world and begin to follow our own sinful desires. He lets our hearts guide us. So my prayer is...Lord keep my eyes open to your works and your truth. Make my heart pure and clean as I turn to you for forgiveness so that you can flow through me. I want to stay on your path for my life. That is my prayer for all of you too. Count your Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment