Sunday, February 5, 2012

What a great weekend!






It is Sunday afternoon and all is quiet at camp. It rained a little while around lunch and now it is beautiful with the sun is out. I love peaceful Sunday afternoons. It has been a fun and busy weekend. It all began Friday afternoon. I picked up Liz Nance at the San Antonio airport. She is from Fort Worth and her son attends camp here. She is a new friend that I have really enjoyed spending time with. We had a wonderful dinner and made beaded bracelets Friday night. I didn't have my iphone with me so I didn't get any pictures. There were 9 women that came to camp for the retreat. It was the perfect size. Saturday was filled with massages, manicures, pedicures, horseback rides, crafts of all kinds, good wine, conversation, mountain biking, hiking, more good food. I was in charge of the crafts and I think they were a hit. We had to literally pull some of the women away to do other activities. You know how it is when you get into the creative flow and don't want to stop. They were enthusiastic and happy to participate which made it easy. We are going to hang the birdhouses and feeders up around the camp so their children will be able to see them this summer.
Stephen played his guitar and sang for us after dinner. We were up til after midnight. Everyone was gone by 9:30 this morning and now it is quiet here. I am going to rest up and pack this afternoon. I leave bright and early for Amarillo and Lubbock. I have to say I am loving my life right now, the balance of beauty, quiet and solitude and then entertaining and meeting new people, recruiting and hiring Wranglers, it is just a happy place to be. Someone asked this weekend what would you change if you had six months to live and I have to say I don't feel a need to change a thing. I think I am right where God wants me to be at this point in my life. There is a peace and contentment in knowing that. I think I have some maturing to do so that I can always have that peace no matter what the circumstances but I am also going to be appreciative for the wonderful circumstances I have around me. Attitude really is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment