Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A day at camp




Well I am officially living at the camp now. I got everything moved (thank you Mom for your help) and my apartment over the barn is very comfortable and nice. I don't know if everyone would love to live over a horse barn but God has certainly given me my heart's desire. This isn't your ordinary horse barn either.
It is February 1st and it is hard to believe the wonderful weather we have had. Almost 80 today. I am enjoying my outside chores-no more sitting behind a desk crunching numbers. Today I woke up to feed all the animals. I have a menagerie to care for and they all know my car now. First it is the hungry horses, then the lambs, pigs and goats. Then I go to the lake and feed to ducks, then down to the Sabinal River to feed more ducks and geese. Then back home to feed the rabbits. Of course, Calvin and Lily get fed too. I gave a horse a bath, cleaned 10 stalls, hauled hay and feed 100 pounds of feed.
I spent part of today getting ready for the women's retreat that is happening this weekend. I will be taking some of them horseback riding and doing craft projects. They will also be getting massages, manicures and pedicures. These are women that Meg has hand picked to be representatives for the camp in the cities they live in. They will be promoting Lonehollow and recruiting new campers for us. She wants this to be a relaxing and inspiring weekend for them. I have been decorating the health lodge where they will be staying. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I bought great smelling candles and framed some of the fused glass projects that the campers have created. I'll be working with Meg's decorator tomorrow to put some more finishing touches on everything. I can't believe this is what I get paid to do.
The days are flying by and I have to say I am tired at the end of the day. I am glad I have a few months to build up my stamina before the 10 wranglers arrive. I leave Monday and will be gone all week to recruit at colleges in North Texas. I am looking forward to getting to know the girls that will be living across the hall from me from May to August. It will be a new experience for me after spending most of my life raising 4 boys. There will certainly be more talking. For now it is peaceful and quiet and I remind myself that I need to enjoy it. I couldn't be in a more peaceful and beautiful place. I am doing what I love. I would have never imagined this would be my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment