Sunday, April 1, 2012

Invasion of the body snatchers

Yep, I think this is the culprit. I woke up a few nights ago to discover that the rabbit cage had been broken into and one rabbit was gone, one was dead. I set a trap under the cage and caught a wild tom cat the first night. The second night I caught this raccoon. He was missing his right front paw so I think he was caught in a trap before. I took him down the road 5 miles and let him go.
It has been a busy week at Camp Lonehollow. We had a sick skunk show up in the barn, sick horses that are getting penicillin shots for shipping fever, the rabbit incident, etc.
It hasn't been all bad news. I had good friends come for the weekend and we enjoyed beautiful weather. We spent the afternoon at the river, fishing and swimming. I love it that I have had a life that has prepared me for all of this. I have a knowledge of how to set traps, doctor horses, and even animal behavior with catching a skunk (without getting sprayed). When you look back on your life do you see how God is preparing you for something? Little or big it is wonderful to see how he uses us.

No comments:

Post a Comment