Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Busy Week



This is the beginning of a busy time at camp.  We have family camp for the next two weekends.  We had 150 people here this weekend.  I planted LOTS of flowers. I had horseback classes for 6 hours on Saturday and one hour on Sunday.  We painted the horses in the mornings and I gave rides in the arena in the afternoon.  We played horse games like egg and spoon, potato drop and jousting.  I think it all went well and I am tired in a good way.  It is satisfying to be doing something that comes so naturally to me.  I love the kids and I love the horses.
The vet and the farrier are coming out tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m.  Another busy day giving shots to 60 horses.  Last night I stopped and looked up at the night sky, the stars were amazingly bright and I reminded myself to enjoy the present.  To take time to realize what I have to be grateful for in this day.  This week I am grateful for the great weather, the people I work with that are fun and supportive, the horses that are my therapy (it is wonderful to have such a great variety of 60 horses to choose from), my boys who send me little presents(from Columbia) in the mail and call to check in, the massage I got today after a year and a half without one (lots of knots in my neck and shoulders), the horse crazy little girls that love to hang out at the barn, for a God that gives all of this and had it planned for my life. 
Do we have the power to do the things to make us happy?  Yes, with God's guidance and we listen to that voice within.  May you be blessed with a sense of purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment