Monday, October 24, 2011

Gift of Friendship


I spent this past weekend with some wonderful friends I have not seen in 13+ years. I spent the night with the Sanford family in Uvalde, Texas. They home schooled their 9 children when I was homeschooling my boys. We shared memories of Christmas caroling in the canyon, producing and decorating plays at the Opera house, milking goats, teaching riding lessons. Sunday I went to the church that I attended over 15 years ago. It amazed me how quickly I felt at home again.

It was sooo good to connect with that time in my life when my boys were little and recall all the fun activities we participated in. It really seems like we live many lifetimes in this journey that we call life. I want to keep growing and being thankful for the open book that lies ahead in my life. What a blessing to have christian friends to remind you that you are loved!!! The photo above is Edie Sutherland and Mary Ann Glasscock, two women I worked with at Faith Ranch from 1990 to 1993. They served God by working with troubled boys that came to live at the ranch to get their lives back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment