Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Intentional Prayers


I have been blessed with a busy & fun schedule the last few days. I spent Monday evening with friends in Austin at the Fire Relief Concert. It was a great to hear some Texas tunes by Willie Nelson, George Straight, Lyle Lovett and the Dixie Chicks. Yesterday I went to a fish fry with all the people I work with and we played washers and I got 3 sinkers! I work with some fun, positive and great people. I also went to a Young Life Committee meeting after the fish fry. I want to give back because Young Life has blessed me and my family. It was through a Young Life leader that Bebo was led to turn his life over to the Lord. He is a different person and I see that he is being molded into the authentic man that God is calling him to be. I am praying about what God wants me to do. I don't want to serve out of my own desires and agenda but according to His purpose and plan. I don't want it to be a waste of my time where it doesn't produce any fruit. This morning as I was praying God lead me to write out my prayers, to say them outloud and then to write what I felt like He was telling me. I think He is trying to teach me to focus on being more intentional. Don't just be wishy about praying. So I will pray as He teaches me. I am so thankful that He wants that for me so that it will come full circle and bring glory to Him, a blessing to me and to others FOR ETERNITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment