Friday, October 21, 2011

Answered Prayers



It has been a blessing to watch God work in my life over the past year. Yesterday I spent all day out in the sunshine riding horses in 75 degree weather. I drive up in the mule and they come looking for a meal. I just throw a saddle on and go for a ride. That is heaven for me and after not being able to ride for 4 weeks because of being bucked off it it was really wonderful to ride without pain.

This week while I was talking on the phone to Bebo I challenged each of us to do a random act of kindness and then report back to each other. I was in Austin Monday afternoon for the Fire Relief concert when a young girl approached me and asked for money. I don't like admitting that I am conditioned to say no but I did. Then it was like my eyes were opened and I realized this was an "opportunity" and I turned around and went back to her and gave her some money. I have been praying that I would become a better encourager to others. A day later an acquaintance on Facebook sent me a message that she wanted me to call her. I haven't seen her in over 14 years and when I called we talked for an hour. I invited her out to camp to go riding with me Sunday afternoon and I hope I can be the friend she needs. I have been praying about my relationship with my boys since the divorce. I don't want them to loose the support and strength that being connected to God and family gives us. I attended a Native American Indian workshop on Saturday and was reminded of the "wisdom keepers" who remember the stories of the past and the lessons learned. I don't have a very good memory but God has whispered into my heart that this is a project He is going to help me with. I just keep a little notebook and He will whisper. He really does give us the desires of our heart when we line them up with His plan for our lives. Oh, and last but not least today at lunch I had to go to the post office - I have been wanting a bike rack for my car so I can start riding some of these beautiful hill country roads. I found one at a storage building sale for $5. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I pray God opens your eyes to answered prayers.

2 comments:

  1. This fantatic post was very nicely written, and it also contains many good facts.
    I appreciated your professionaway of writing the post.
    You have made it easy for me to understand. Good and precise info.
    http://plumbing-xspurts.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a blog! I mean,you just have so much guts togo ahead and tell it like it is.
    Youre what blogging needs, an open minded superhero who isnt afraid to tell it like it is.
    This is definitely something people need to be up on. Good luck in the future, man.
    Anyway, thats just my opinion.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Shears-and-Scissors

    ReplyDelete