Thursday, July 5, 2012

Little town with a BIG show!

The little town of Utopia put on a BIG show last night.  It was better than the Bellagio in Las Vegas.  One of the new Wranglers is from Denmark and I was so glad that she got to see such an impressive show.  I drove into town with Shanna, Peyton and Nina and we were surprised to see so many people.  There were people from Uvalde, Leakey, Camp Wood and other surrounding towns.
I love that Utopia is a beautiful town tucked away from the fast pace of the world.  It still has a simple innocent lifestyle.  This is the part of Texas I love and I get to enjoy it everyday.  I have a hard time believing I live here.
The last two evenings have been so beautiful because the moon has been full.  We rode down to the river yesterday at sunset and took the horses swimming in the river.  It was dark when we were riding back to the barn and the moon lit the way for us on the road.   It was so bright we could see our moon shadow.  It was one of those moments I hope I will never forget.  The warm Texas breeze blowing on us after swimming in the clear river.  The sound of the horses hooves walking along the road.  I am so blessed to be able to enjoy the simple pleasures of the country life.

No comments:

Post a Comment