Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Beautiful Sunday

It was a great day.  The Sunday Service in these beautiful hills is something that fills my soul with JOY.  I look up at those hills that have been here since creation began and the sky above and I am filled with gratitude that I get to live here and enjoy this place everyday.  That God has placed me here with a purpose and it is to fill the lives of others with good things.  Today we took 30 counselors trail riding.  52 signed up and we had a drawing to select 30.  Many of them had never ridden a horse
before and they were so grateful and thankful.  All the Wranglers went on the trail so we had 22 horses out on the trail.  I think we enjoyed it as much as they did.  I feel it is a privilege to be able to teach someone about horses.  Hopefully, they will remember the experience as a positive one that they will want to do again in their lives.  The peace I feel when riding a horse is something that I am thankful for.  It takes me away from the cares of this world.  I hope it will do that for others too.
This evening the Wranglers and I took some horses to the Sabinal River and took them swimming. It was so much fun to cool off and swim with them.  How many people get to go swimming with their horses?  It told the girls on the way back to the barn, "Doesn't it amaze you that God knew we were going to do this today?"  He gives us priceless gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment