Tuesday, June 5, 2012

This is Jess and Pizaz.  Tonight we had a theme night and it was holidays.  Jess came up with the idea for our booth and the kids made construction paper ornaments in the shape of gears and taped them to our pony-tree.  Pizaz wore a green slinky, a star on his head, and a little red nose.   I am happy with the way the horseback program is going.  I have never experienced the kind of joy you feel seeing a kid "get it" when they gain their confidence around a horse.  I am so blessed to be a part of that experience with them.  The first time they trot and they are scared and then when they realize they are safe and having fun; their faces light up.  I have had so many kids just this week that were scared to even lead a horse and now they are feeling so good about their new horse friend.  I remember how much I loved horses and how I felt as a little girl and it is a gift to get to be a part of this kind of giving to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment