Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Seven Days in Utopia

It was a nice Labor Day. A friend of mine from Dallas came for the weekend. We went to see the movie 7 days in Utopia. It was filmed in Utopia, Texas - just down the road from camp. Robert Duval is the star (he is one of my favorite actors from Lonesome Dove). It is a great film with a positive life lesson. It helps remind me that life isn't about what we do for a living or the success we achieve in the eyes of the world but about the truth. We have to experience God to trust Him. It has to be a deep rooted part of who we are so that what we say and do line up with His character. I have experienced that over this past year with many struggles and pain. I have had to reach out for help and survive day to day. I listened to christian music, read the bible, talked with other believers, listened to sermons, etc. The foundation is laid for my faith so that even in my dreams I find myself saying the lyrics to songs that heal my heart. When life shakes your foundation and you are faced with a fork in the road, which direction are you going to choose? I think choosing God to lead you by the right hand is the only choice that will give you peace. Sometimes our trials are really God's mercies in disguise. I want God's mercy to flow over me. Go see the movie Seven Days in Utopia if it comes to your town.

No comments:

Post a Comment