Friday, September 9, 2011

Seeking Him in the Silence

I can feel fall in the air. It was 58 this morning and that is cool in Texas. As the days get shorter I am missing my porchtime. I have been sitting in my rocking chair in the mornings and enjoying the sunrise and devotional time. Now that the sunrise is later I don't have as much daylight before getting ready for work. I know how easy it is for me to come home after work and the gym and just veg in front of the TV. I feel guilty doing this because I know I could be doing something creative, reading a good book, journaling or spending time with the Lord listening to Him. I know that it is important to constantly question myself and my actions to keep them in balance. We all need to have down time. God told us to honor the Sabbath because we need to slow down and remember to keep it all in balance. With that thought in mind I will take a two week break from Facebook, TV and other distractions to focus my time at home on more productive things. I am so thankful for the beautiful Texas hill country I live in. God has given me this honeymoon time to be with Him. He has given me this time to grow and heal. I want to be wise and obedient so I will be growing into the woman He intends me to be.

I am looking forward to a visit from Blake and Tyler next week. They will be here Wed. to Sat. The time will fly by. It always does when you are having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment