Sunday, August 14, 2011

Riding in the light of the Full Moon

I just finished doing some work in my office. It is sooo quiet. No phones ringing - not a sound. The security guard just came by. He is an ex-game warden and knows lots of people in the area and Uvalde. I have met his wife and daughter. I am going to have his daughter come ride with me tomorrow evening. She is getting her license to be a dental hygienist. We have some people staying at the health lodge tonight. There is a deer hunting convention going on in San Antonio and these people are deer breeders. They are buying some deer from Clayton.

It is finally cooling off and I am going to the barn to do a little riding. I took three counselors for a moonlight ride last night at 10:00 p.m. Stephen, Kelly and Jessica rode with me until 11:30. It was a full moon and riding on a caliche road you can see very well. We rode four miles to the main road and back. Great conversation about where they were going in life. The temperature was perfect. They all said it was the best way to end camp. I am so glad that I get to share riding with others here and have young people come in and out of my life. I hope that I leave a footprint on their lives like they do on mine.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I'd like to learn to ride again. Maybe this fall.

    ReplyDelete