Friday, August 12, 2011

Camp will be ending this Sunday. I have mixed feelings about it - I'll welcome having weekends free again, I'll miss camp. I have so many things to be thankful for. First of all, that God brought me to this place. He really does give us more than we could ask. It has been a great summer. He made it all happen and it fell into place perfectly. I love the people, the kids, the horses, the art, the music, the hill country. I would not want to live in any other part of Texas. I am blessed. Reconnecting with friends after many years. Living in a house that is so beautiful it could be on the cover of a magazine. Keeping my horses. Now for phase two, moving back into the Hunt and Kerrville area. I am looking forward to getting involved and serving in the community. Today's devotional really spoke to my heart. I hope it does yours too.

From the foundation of the world I had your life planned out, knowing which twists and turns of the road you would choose to travel on. I have a way prepared for you if you would but learn to take My hand and trust Me to lead you.

I need you to be of strong moral character, and stand up against the evil all around you. I want you to take good care of the body I created for you to live in.

Your soul is Mine.

I have chosen you,

redeemed you,

and made you Mine.


No more fear. No more second thoughts. We are traveling together and there is so much I have in store for you if you keep on the path with Me.

Yes, we will reach the summit, but it will be a much higher one if you stay connected to Me. I cannot force you to do the things I put in front of you. You must make daily choices for good and evil, for My service, for the personal calling I have for you. If you choose not to follow today, that means we will accomplish a little less.

Please take My hand and let Me lead you into uncharted territory, places you have never been before. I have so much in store for you if you would but let Me take you there.


No comments:

Post a Comment