Monday, November 7, 2011

A true friend is a gift from God.

I have been blessed with the best friends in the world. People who display the character and love of Christ to others. These are two of them ~ Lori and Amanda. They are wise women of character that inspire me with their love of life and Christ. They are striving to become the best they can be and that challenges me to grow. I want to have the courage to step out and do something out of my comfort zone. This weekend I entered my first art show and won third place. I was thrilled and I plan on doing more stained glass projects. Watch out everyone Christmas is coming and you may be getting one of my projects.
Lori flew down to visit from Kentucky for the weekend. She had not been to Texas before so we did a few Texas things like horseback riding, eating Mexican food, a quick tour of the Riverwalk and Mi Terra. She is going to have to come back to get her cowboy boots. She is a treasured friend and I am so thankful for her love and encouragement during this past year. We laughed, we cried, we enjoyed just being in each others' company. It's nice when you have a friend that you feel so comfortable with no matter what you are doing.
Amanda is a friend that I have known for 20+ years when I moved away we had lost touch with each other. We reconnected and picked up right where we left off. She is entering a new chapter in her life and I have watched her step out in courage to pursue her dreams and use the creative gifts God gave her. I got to work her booth while she was at a bridal shower and I learned how to make sales on an iPhone. I am looking forward to seeing her more often now that we are both doing art. Thank you God for friendship and all that we learn about ourselves and others because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment