Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Found the horse records!!!

OK this picture has nothing to do with my subject but I thought Lilly looked cute sitting in my chair at work. She gets to come to work with me on days when I am not staying late in town doing other things.
It is so exciting when I see God work in my life. I am learning to pray and expect. I can't say that I had that kind of faith before. I realize that answered prayer may mean that I don't see the answer right away or even in this lifetime but I pray with expectations now. Yesterday was a day God answered a prayer for me. For several weeks I couldn't find a green bag that contained my tennis shoes and horse records. I last saw it several weeks ago in my car. I had retraced my steps. I went to the Hunt Store, the car wash, my BSF church, everywhere I could think I might have left it. No luck. I left my phone number with everyone. I prayed and asked God to help me find it, I asked friends to pray for me to find it. Yesterday I found the binder with the horse records in a cabinet here at work. The bag is still missing with the shoes but I was most concerned about the horse records. I am so thankful. I didn't get the bag back like I envisioned but I got the most important item. It was an answer to prayer in a different way. That is so typical of the way God works. He does it in a totally different way than we envision. He either says yes, no, or I have a better plan. He is always listening and always faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment