Wednesday, August 8, 2012

An idea is born

These are a few of the horsehair bracelets we made this summer.  I got the idea that it would be a meaningful gift for the Wranglers to make from the tails of their favorite horses.  I researched how to make them and bought the hardware.  We made thick ones, thin ones, one color, three colors.  They encouraged me to make it into a business so I am going to give it a try.   I would like to market them at horse events and have competitors bring me the hair from their horse and I would make the bracelet in about an hour. Hopefully, it would pay my expenses and I'd make a little extra too.  I would enjoy being around horsey people.
This is the final week of camp.  We are pulling shoes on some of the horses and moving them to the front pasture.  We wormed 30 of them yesterday.  It is hard to believe that this time next week this place will be still and quiet.  It has been non-stop activity since the middle of May when the Wranglers arrived. These young campers are so easy to entertain.  They say the cutest things.  Yesterday one of the boys noticed the brand on one of the horses and another camper said "that shows where the horse is manufactured".  They all got to ride in the pony cart today and loved it.  They got to meet their horses today and groom them.  They love just touching and loving on them.  Tomorrow will be their first day to trail ride.  I can't wait to hear what they have to say about that.
I am looking forward to going to Kentucky next week.   It will be so good to see the boys and friends.  I feel like I live in a bubble in my own little world.  I am so disconnected during the summer.  I don't mind missing the politics and news but I do miss being with the people I love.  It has been a good summer meeting all the campers and living with these wonderful Wranglers.  We have spent the last three months working long days in the heat, living together, eating together, we are like family, we know each other well and I love everyone of them. What a blessing and help they have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment